- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep burning candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Place the candle on a level heatresistant surface.
- Never burn a candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Do not place candles near any draughts like a radiator, windowsill, or an open window.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the glass.
- Avoid blowing out the candle, but snuffing it instead.
- Keep the wax clear and free from debris to avoid flaring.
- Be very careful when handling the jar, it becomes really hot.
- You can find other safety information on the base of our candles and if you're ever unsure please do get in touch.
Wax Melt Care
Follow the below and your wax melts will hold its aromatic scent for you for longer!
- Keep away from draughts, children, pets, and anything that can catch fire.
- Only use wax burners designed for wax melts (burners should be at least four inches from tealight) & unscented tealights.
- Remove all packaging and place the wax melt in the well of your desired burner.
- Always burn within sight and never overfill the burner, place one melt at a time and on a level, heatproof surface. Only replace the melt once the scent has gone.
- Never move burner whilst tealight is lit or burner is hot. Always remove the old wax melt before adding the new one.
- Ensure tealight has been extinguished, allow the wax to cool slightly then remove wax from the bowl using cotton balls to soak up melted wax.
- Do not place the burner in full sunlight as can cause the fragrance oil to burn off too quickly and have an impact on how the wax behaves.
- Ensure there is room around the wax burner for the air and fragrance to circulate.
- Psst! Why not use our plant-based jumbo-sized tealights...they last longer!
Follow the below and your candle will hold its aromatic flame for you for longer!
- The first burn is the most crucial, burn for 4 hours to prevent tunnelling.
- Trim the wick 5mm before each use to prevent soot. If the wick is too long, more wax is used. Clear out any debris/mushroom from the wax & wick before re-lighting.
- Ensure the wick is upright, above the wax & central before the wax sets.
- Embrace the spirit of our plant-based wax, there will be subtle differences you might notice in our candles from its beautiful dimples to everyday imperfections, all eluding to its natural properties & zero impact on the performance of the candle!
- Once the candle has reached an even pool, the subsequent burns can be less than 4 hours.
- Do not touch/move the candle whilst lit & until it is completely cooled.
- Don't burn the candle all the way down. Once the wax gets to 10mm from the bottom of the glass, it's time to purchase another one of ZEMK's candles!
Follow the below and your diffuser will hold its aromatic scent for you for longer!
- Flammable liquid. Do not light reeds or ingest. Keep away from children and pets.
- Carefully place the reeds inside the vessel. All our diffusers use rattan or fibre reeds which are naturally porous, allowing for the gradual absorption of the liquid moving up the reeds.
- To get the most out of the reeds, place diffusers in the middle of the room or common walkways. We advise flipping them twice a week, giving the scent diffusion a nice boost, and to create a more subtle scent use fewer reeds.
- Smaller rooms may not need as many reeds as larger rooms. Add a few to test, then increase as necessary, until the desired scent level is reached. We provide an extra bunch in the kit, to refresh the reeds after some months.
- Higher temperatures speed up diffusion. While the strength of the scent will increase, the life of the diffuser will be shortened. Avoid placing diffusers next to radiators to prolong scent release.
- Do not place the diffuser directly onto polished, painted, plastic, or leather surfaces, or on electrical equipment, as accidental spillage may cause damage.
- Most importantly, refills in all scents are available and further details can be found on our product care page!
- Note: If you turn the sticks a lot it is possible that they last shorter than the months stated.